This is my choice as a woman, as a person, as a submissive, as slave 504-531-403 to give myself FREELY to my Master.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Abernathy Lesson 11 - Voice Training I: silence

Exercise: Sit quietly for 5 minutes and just listen, then write down what you remember hearing.
  1. two fans in our room, one softly whirring, the other humming as it oscillated back & forth.
  2. a cat bell in the bathroom as Duke scratched (faster noise) then jumped on the counter to eat (slower & short)
  3. soft "nmnnm" while Kaelyn stretched and a gentle smacking of the lips as she rolled over.
  4. a car door closing outside
  5. Halie's stereo playing softly, undistinguishable
  6. the refrigerator humming softly then slightly louder as the fan kicks on
  7. the sound of the a/c kicking off.. I did not notice it's sound while on.
Activity: At least once this week, actively choose silence. Say nothing. Just once. Notice how external silence helps you focus on the inner voices, and eventually quiet them as well.

I have chosen silence today, mainly because I have a headache and hours of Backyardigans and Pokoyo will likely make my head explode. The girls are together in Kaelyn's room watching Dr. Doolittle and though I can hear it it is quiet. The cats are not fighting. I am enjoying not having the TV on. I have treated my headache because I do have chores and laundry to accomplish, but for now all I have going on is the gentle hum of the appliances, and it is good.

No comments: