This is my choice as a woman, as a person, as a submissive, as slave 504-531-403 to give myself FREELY to my Master.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Abernathy Lesson 12 - Voice Training II: forms of address

Exercise: List all the titles of authority you can think of. In non-scene life, what dictates when you use such a title? What cues (verbal or non-verbal) tell you to use respect by using a title? Is it possible to be disrespectful while using a formal title? What titles have you been called?

Titles:
  • Sir
  • Master
  • Mr. /Mister
  • Ma'am
  • Madame
  • Mistress
  • Miss/Ms./Mrs.
  • Officer (Police/Military)
  • Sergeant, etc (Military)
  • Majesty
  • Queen
  • King
  • Judge
  • Your Honor
In non-scene life it is signaled by positions of authority (teachers, etc) uniforms (Officers, Military, Judges) and also by demeanor, the way one carries his/her self, and by age. If I were to walk up to an older gentleman or woman, regardless of their station in life, I would say Mister, Miss/Mrs. or Sir or Ma'am when addressing them.

It is possible to do disrespect while using titles of authority. I have, shamefully, done it myself while addressing Master. Respect is conveyed more than in words, it is conveyed in tone and actions. If you roll your eyes, yell, or speak in a rough manner, or argue rather than discussing calmly, this is all showing disrespect, whether intentional or not.

I have been called Miss/Ms./Mrs. depending on my marital status, "Ma'am" by children and telecommunications personnel on the phone, and once or twice "Ma'am" or "Mistress" by Master when He on occasion asked me to "switch" in the past. I also receive a loving "Yes, Ma'am you aaaarre welcome!" after a particularly successful session making love with Him. ♥


Exercise: Select a title that denotes dominance to you, and for one week, address your slave journal ("my thoughts" tag) to that figure of authority. Do you find that your tone changes? Are there things you neglect or choose not to write? Why or why not?

Since I have a "To you, Sir" tag, I will use the female form of "Ma'am" to address my journal, as it is a diary of sorts, and I don't want to confuse what I have written specifically to Master with what I have written as my random thoughts; though occasionally they so overlap.

I am sure that my tome will remain respectful while writing to "Ma'am" though I do not write disrespectful to myself. I do write openly to myself. As when writing to Master I will not neglect nor omit anything in my writing, as I have agreed to use it as an outlet for my emitions, and as Master reads it all it would be tantamount to lying to Him.



No comments: